Learn Golf Psychology Strategies to Improve Play
I’m Dr. Patrick Cohn, psychology of golf and putting mind expert. Discover how you can improve your mental game for golf. We’ve helped professional, collegiate, and amateur golfers improve their mindset for golf. Uncover the secrets to improve your mental game for golf. Get a Free Report>>
Improve Golf Confidence
Get expert golf mental game coaching with one of our certified mental performance coaches! Improve your mental game with video coaching from anywhere in the world!
The Golfer’s Mental Edge 2.0 Audio and Workbook program is ideal for any amateur, collegiate, junior, or tour professional golfer, as well as golf coaches or instructors.
Read our golf psychology articles to learn more about how sports psychology can improve your golf game. Improve your confidence and focus on the course.
Mental Performance Coaches
Georgia Miller, M.E. is a mental performance coach for Peak Performance Sports. She is a certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) and is working towards becoming a Certified Mental Performance Coach (CMPC) with AASP. She works with youth to college athletes in all sports including golf. See Bio>>
Jaclyn Ellis, M.S. is a mental game performance coach for Peak Performance Sports. She earned a Master’s degree from Illinois State University. She competed in soccer, volleyball, and tennis and was a competitive youth head soccer coach. She works with golfers of all levels. See Bio>>
Patrick Cohn, Ph.D. is the president and founder of Peak Performance Sports, LLC in Orlando, Florida, where his team of coaches provides mental performance coaching to athletes and teams. He also is the director of the MGCP certification program for mental coaches, life coaches, psychologists, and coaches. See Bio>>
Preshot Routine Mistakes
Learn my secrets to a focused preshot routine! Download my FREE report: “Six Costly Mistakes Golfers Make With Their Preshot Routines.” Get instant access to our Mental Game of Golf free eBook and discover:
- Six ways your mental routine breaks down.
- The top mental game strategies your preshot routine must include.
- Why indecision is your worst enemy in golf.
- How to develop a focused and consistent preshot routine to execute your best shot.
- Why your preshot routine should match your personality.
Video Mental Coaching
What Clients Say
“To play well, you have to believe you can play well. Confidence goes a long way. Dr. Cohn has developed a great system that helped me improve confidence and my overall mental approach to golf.”
~Brian Watts, 11-time Winner on the PGA Japan Tour
“To win at any level, you have to train both your mind and body. Dr. Cohn does an excellent job of teaching you how to develop confidence and touch around the greens, both of which are vital to any player’s success.”
~J.L. Lewis, PGA Tour winner
“Working with Dr. Cohn by far is the best investment I have made. I have some great tools to work on to see my mental game improve. I feel better now than I have ever have on the golf course and I thank you so much for helping me.”
Golf Mind Articles
- How to Play with Pressure in Golf What is competitive pressure? Competitive pressure refers to the level of stress an athlete experiences before or during a competition. In golf, players with difficulty managing pressure tend to choke in stressful conditions. In contrast, golfers who can … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Go-For-Broke Mentality in Golfers What goes through your mind when you start off a round poorly? For example, you double-bogey the first two holes, then bogey the third. You quickly find yourself 4-strokes from the leader before the fifth hole. You will … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Improve Your Game without Overhauling Your SwingHow can you achieve a breakout season? Most golfers think overhauling their swing or spending endless hours trying to gain 20-30 yards off the tee will vault them to a higher level of performance. Overhauling your golf swing … Golf Psychology Article>>
- The Mindset of Charging From BehindHow you define athletic success will affect how much you achieve. Often, athletes allow other people (with good intentions) to define success for them. For example, your parents may see success as earning a college scholarship, becoming a … Golf Psychology Article>>
Golf Mind Videos
- How Golfers Can Improve LearningAre you struggling to learn golf as an adult? Do you have old motor habits from other sports that hurt your ability to learn golf? In this video, you learn about the process of learning and how many repetitions it … Golf Psychology Article>>
- How to Manage Distractions on the CourseAre you easily distracted on the golf course? Some golfers hear everything on the course such as clubs rattling, people talking, or nearby cars. And you don’t want to have a split focus when playing your golf shot… Learn how … Golf Psychology Article>>
- How to Mentally Rehearse Your Golf ShotsNot every golfer can visualize their golf shots. That means you might not be able to “see” the shot in your mind like the shot tracer you watch on televised golf tournaments. Jack Nicklaus introduced the idea of having a … Golf Psychology Article>>
- How to be More Patient on the Golf CourseDo you have trouble putting all phases of the game together during a round… For example, when you are putting well, your ball striking is off or vise versa? What is you can’t together all phases of the game during … Golf Psychology Article>>