Learn Golf Psychology Strategies to Improve Play
I’m Dr. Patrick Cohn, psychology of golf and putting mind expert. Discover how you can improve your mental game for golf. We’ve helped professional, collegiate, and amateur golfers improve their mindset for golf. Uncover the secrets to improve your mental game for golf. Get a Free Report>>
Improve Golf Confidence
Get expert golf mental game coaching with one of our certified mental performance coaches! Improve your mental game with video coaching from anywhere in the world!
The Golfer’s Mental Edge 2.0 Audio and Workbook program is ideal for any amateur, collegiate, junior, or tour professional golfer, as well as golf coaches or instructors.
Read our golf psychology articles to learn more about how sports psychology can improve your golf game. Improve your confidence and focus on the course.
Mental Performance Coaches
Georgia Miller, M.E. is a mental performance coach for Peak Performance Sports. She is a certified Mental Game Coaching Professional (MGCP) and is working towards becoming a Certified Mental Performance Coach (CMPC) with AASP. She works with youth to college athletes in all sports including golf. See Bio>>
Jaclyn Ellis, M.S. is a mental game performance coach for Peak Performance Sports. She earned a Master’s degree from Illinois State University. She competed in soccer, volleyball, and tennis and was a competitive youth head soccer coach. She works with golfers of all levels. See Bio>>
Patrick Cohn, Ph.D. is the president and founder of Peak Performance Sports, LLC in Orlando, Florida, where his team of coaches provides mental performance coaching to athletes and teams. He also is the director of the MGCP certification program for mental coaches, life coaches, psychologists, and coaches. See Bio>>
Preshot Routine Mistakes
Learn my secrets to a focused preshot routine! Download my FREE report: “Six Costly Mistakes Golfers Make With Their Preshot Routines.” Get instant access to our Mental Game of Golf free eBook and discover:
- Six ways your mental routine breaks down.
- The top mental game strategies your preshot routine must include.
- Why indecision is your worst enemy in golf.
- How to develop a focused and consistent preshot routine to execute your best shot.
- Why your preshot routine should match your personality.
Video Mental Coaching
JOIN A FREE 15-MINUTE
MENTAL COACHING SESSION
Get Video Mental Coaching
from Anywhere in the World
Call 407-909-1700 or 888-742-7225
What Clients Say
“To play well, you have to believe you can play well. Confidence goes a long way. Dr. Cohn has developed a great system that helped me improve confidence and my overall mental approach to golf.”
~Brian Watts, 11-time Winner on the PGA Japan Tour
“To win at any level, you have to train both your mind and body. Dr. Cohn does an excellent job of teaching you how to develop confidence and touch around the greens, both of which are vital to any player’s success.”
~J.L. Lewis, PGA Tour winner
“Working with Dr. Cohn by far is the best investment I have made. I have some great tools to work on to see my mental game improve. I feel better now than I have ever have on the golf course and I thank you so much for helping me.”
Golf Mind Articles
- Golfers Who Worry Over Difficult ShotsIn this episode, Dr. Cohn answers a question from a reader about How would we cope with that and give the task a realistic difficulty rating of the shot… RALPH: Hey Doc, great insights! I know my level … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Stressing Out Over Difficult Golf ShotsDo you often overestimate the difficulty of a shot in front of you and you feel more stressed? A routine shot becomes a difficult shot. This video describes an effective approach for playing with confidence and trust. Watch … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Scheffler’s ‘What’s Next’ ApproachWhat is the main factor that leads to playing consistent golf? Many golfers will focus on their mechanics to improve their consistency. The thought process is “If I strike the ball the same way for every shot, I … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Why the Putting Yips Show Up When It’s ImportantIn this episode, Dr. Cohn answers a question from a reader about why golfers get the putting yips when they think it’s important to make putts. Here’s the question of the week: PAUL: I’m a 10-12 handicap, 54 years … Golf Psychology Article>>
Golf Mind Videos
- Stressing Out Over Difficult Golf ShotsDo you often overestimate the difficulty of a shot in front of you and you feel more stressed? A routine shot becomes a difficult shot. This video describes an effective approach for playing with confidence and trust. Watch to Learn … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Why the Putting Yips Show Up When It’s ImportantDo you want others to see you as a good golfer? The putting yips might be present in your golf game due to strict expectations and the need for social approval. Watch this Video to Learn How: Mental Game Coaching … Golf Psychology Article>>
- How to Reduce the Number of Swing Thoughts When PlayingAre you over thinking your golf swing when playing on the course by having two or three swing thoughts as you play shots? Often in our work as mental coaches, we find that golfers use too many swing thoughts on … Golf Psychology Article>>
- Pregame Jitters vs Performance AnxietyDo you feel preround anxiety or first tee jitters? Many golfers worry that the preround jitters are a sign they are anxious to play. But that’s not always the case as preround jitter are very normal for golfers before the … Golf Psychology Article>>